Monday, October 21, 2013

rain showers

Most of the day has been showers but no strong storm or winds, just gentle rain.  The fishermen have been active outside our front door so I guess the fish have been biting.  I told Jo to go down to the bank and wave at them so they might give us some of their catch.

We have just been enjoying the semi-isolation and quiet camping site.  We did see our dear herd (misspelling intended) again last evening at dusk and our blue birds were around our site this morning again.  There are some geese in the area as we can hear their honking occasionally.

I did run into Rogers to a Wall-Mart for a few items this morning.  Ms Navi said that it was 6.0 miles away but I soon found out that was as the crow flies and not as the snake crawls which is how roads in these hills have been built.  I kind of like these roads as I know that I am an official hillbilly.  The low temperatures are forecast to be in the mid 30s tonight and tomorrow night with highs only in the lower 60s, nice.

No comments: