Saturday, October 19, 2013

Arkansas

We only had a 90 mile drive today but it was good to have time for a flat tire.  It was a truck tire and the dash indicated "low air" but we were on Rte 76 between Branson and Cassville so some of you know this is a narrow two lane with twisty curves and no shoulders.  When we got to an intersection of MO-76 and MO-39 there was enough of a shoulder for us to stop.  When I stopped the tire was still up but didn't read on my gauge.  I called our Emergency Road Service provider and they tried to find a service to help us.  After quite some time they were not able to find anyone to help us so I jacked up the front legs of the trailer to take that load off of the truck and then used my bottle jack to lift the tire in question.  After reading the owners manual for how to remove the spare tire I was able to make the trade with lots of huffing and puffing.  The spare tire had not been checked since new so it needed some air to put it at the 80 psi that I needed.  I connected my 12V compressor to our trailer batteries and brought it up to its required 80 psi so we could continue.

While we were sitting waiting for our emergency road service to assist us we at least were able to find a radio station with the Mizzou Tigers football game and listened to most of the first half, Yea MIZZOU.

The spare was mounted and now I will find a tire service in Rogers, Arkansas on Monday to check it out and then we will be okay for the rest of the trip.

We are so happy that the federal parks are back open and this site is beautiful these pictures are of our site and our view from our back living room window, very nice!



No comments: