Monday, September 11, 2017

another beautiful drive

This afternoon we reached our destination in Bar Harbor Maine where we plan to explore the Acadia National Park.  I originally had planned to camp in one of the National Park campgrounds but the information kept telling me that there was a height restriction that we couldn't meet.  We are now in a KOA with the Atlantic Ocean at our front yard and will tour the park without the camper and just see what that height restriction is all about.  Here are a couple of pictures taken at our campsite.
Our back yard
 Our front yard
 This is a picture that I took out our dining room window yesterday in New Hampshire.
Our WiFi connection was weak and uploading pictures was a maybe/maybe not situation.

I don't like ground fault interrupt electric outlet fixtures.  I know they are supposed to save my life by not letting some long shot situation execute me but when they pop off they are hard to know what has happened.

I believe I have told everyone about our trip to Iowa last month and the CO alarm going off in the middle of the night.  The problem was a low battery indication and no gas identified.  Well before this trip I thought the problem was some cheep batteries that our dealer had installed so I had a pair of top quality deep cycle batteries installed hoping that the problem was fixed.  On this trip we have had the same alarm go off so now what to do?  Rather than call a mobile RV technician to come to the campground and search for the problem I went to Wall Mart and bought a battery charger to put on our batteries to keep them charged.  That charger had to be plugged into a 110 outlet and there was one conveniently located in a storage compartment.  I plugged the new charger into that outlet and nothing worked.  I thought I needed to return the new charger for one that worked.  Before making that 7 mile one way trip I plugged a voltage tester into the socket and no signal.  In the center of that outlet was a small button that had popped out so with that pushed in, guess what, everything works so no need for the new battery charger.  I have the receipt so back to Wall Mart before we leave this area and return that purchase.

No comments: