Thursday, September 14, 2017

A new kind of tour van

This afternoon we had an hour tour of this Mount Desert Island area.  It was a beautiful trip with clear views of all below us and a nice narrator giving us the history of the area.  The picture below is that van, Air-Van that is.

 We had a choice of vehicles and could have had this bi-plane in yellow.  The difference would have been that it is an open air cockpit and it would have been a bit windy aloft.
 Or we could have ridden in this helo but felt like the comfort of the enclosed Air-Van was the best option.

Now for the bad news part of this story.  Just before we took off and after I took the above pictures I switched to a fresh battery in my camera.  The memory card is in the same area as the battery so apparently when I inserted the battery the card popped up from it's slot and of the dozens of pictures that I thought I took from this beautiful flight, they just didn't happen.  😦

The good news is that we both really enjoyed this excursion and will have our own memories of the views we were given the opportunity to see from this birds eye view perspective.

No comments: