Tuesday, June 14, 2016

good news, bad news

First the bad news:  Took our truck into the local dealer with a 1:00 pm appointment. At check in, they said it would take a few days probably to find a short in the electric system that is causing the fuse to blow with a minimum of $119 for the analysis.  I thought I would take the chance of them finding and fixing the problem while we were here in Virginia Beach so left it with them and rented a car from the Enterprise office within the dealership.  Needed a few items from the grocery store so picked them up and made it back to the campground.  Just as I was arriving at the campground the dealership called me to say that from their analysis they wouldn't have time to make the proper repair in the days that we are here so they suggested that we just pick it up and take it to our local dealership for final repair.  I turned around after dropping off my grocerys at the trailer, took the rental back, and picked up our truck.

Now the good news:  They handed by my keys and said no charge, WHAT!!!  I said thank you.

It cost us one day's car rental fee for a trip to the grocery store but overall I'm happy.

No comments: