Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Thank you GWF !!!

When I checked the forecast for Gulf Port this morning there was a large mass of moisture over the area and the prediction for 2:00 pm (original planned arrival) was calling for a 100% chance of thunderstorms.  Then it tapered down to a 10%-20% chance by 3:00 to 4:00 so I told Jo we would just sit tight where we were and leave a couple of hours later than planned.  A little later I checked again and the forecast had changed to be a 30% to 40% all afternoon so I told Jo, "let's buckle up and go."  We drove through only a couple of very light showers and when we arrived the sun was out and all is well.

While we have been in this area before, this is a first time for this campground.  It's not a real big campground but is just across the beach road from the sand.  Here is a picture literally taken out our front door.  I'm sure that from the widow's walk it would be a better view of the waves.


No comments: