Monday, September 23, 2013

interesting morning

I understood that the Gibson mandolin factory was inside the Opryland Mall and even the Google Earth pictures show its location.  This morning we drove there and didn't find a store front where it should have been.  I went inside the mall and ask at an information kiosk where they told me that Gibson didn't rebuild or return after the 2010 flood that wiped out this whole valley.  At that flood there was four feet of flood water over the Grand Ole Opry stage and through all the Mall stores.

With no mandolin factory to tour we then spent the rest of the morning at a hospital emergency room.  I have had symptoms the past couple of days and Dr JoAnn confirmed my diagnosis so off to a hospital we went.  The examining Doctor, after the results of my UA, agreed with our assumptions and gave me an antibiotic prescription for my UTI.

No comments: