Friday, July 26, 2013

southbound

Once we turned south on I-29 we had a tail wind that sure helped with the fuel economy.

Tonight we are back in the Sioux Falls, SD KOA.  We were here 12 years ago tomorrow on our way back to Springfield because Mom was in the hospital.  The morning we planned to leave one of our slide-outs wouldn't pull in so I went next door to an RV service shop for help.  They weren't open on Saturday so we had to stay put for the weekend but we were able to get some help on Monday and were on our way.  We are here for three nights this trip so plan to revisit some of the local attractions that we enjoyed on that forced stay.

At the beginning of this trip I found a problem with our hitch in the truck that forced me to manually alter the hitching process.  While in MN I searched the net for a dealer for my brand of hitch and found one here in Sioux Falls.  I called them and ordered the necessary part so it would be here today.  I just now picked it up and replaced the broken part so now we are as good as new in the hitch department and ready for continued travels.

No comments: