Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pioneer Park

After a very nice day of rest we went to this park nearby.  We walked around through the village which was mostly old log cabins that were from this area originally and moved here and re-erected.  In most of them local artists have set up their wares for sale and display.  There were a couple of museums of the pioneer life and it all is free admission.  Also connected with the park is a Salmon bake which we had reservations for.  It included the salmon grilled over an open fire pit along with Cod, Halibut, and prime rib.  That was along with veggies, salad fix-ens, and desert.  They had outside picnic tables where lots of folks sat plus an indoor seating area which was more comfortable for us.


Tomorrow we head on a three day trek to the Arctic Ocean.  I don't know what kind of computer signal I will find in these remote areas but will post again when we get back to Fairbanks.  This lodge had a very good signal at our cabin this morning but this afternoon it was imposable and I had to bring my laptop to the lobby for a decent connection.  I will post again whenever I can.

No comments: