Thursday, July 12, 2012

disaster averted

Jo has decided to not take her camera as it is just something else to pack and hang on to while we travel.  This morning I went to the truck to get my camera and when I looked into the case, nothing was there, oh where could it be?  While we travel with the truck and trailer our camera cases hang over the back of our seats from the head rests.  If they are not there then they have been taken into the trailer for transferring the files to the computer.  After the files have been transferred the cameras are hung on a cabinet door close to the trailer door so they can be carried back out the the truck where they belong.  I have searched (2 and 3 times) the truck, the trailer, and the house and can't find my camera anywhere.  This is not something that needs to happen just before we head to one of the most photogenic states of the US.

A trip to Best Buy produced a new Nikon Cool Pix L810 with 16.1 Mp and 28X zoom.  Best Buy beat Wall-Mart by $10.  I have it set up and took a few shots here in the house for practice and I believe that we will be okay and this is a nice improvement over my last setup.

Jo has started the packing and we are feeling like this anticipated trip is actually going to happen, Big Grin!  Now we just need to make sure that the large checked bag doesn't exceed 50 lbs.

No comments: