Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Bad news and Good news

First the bad news:

The new wheels that I had ordered in early January still haven't arrived.  Our trip plans for May and another visit to the Gulf of Mexico have been canceled because of that.  The special order of 19.5" wheels made exactly to fit our truck were having problems getting raw materials for their production.  We have been getting the new camper loaded and equipped inside hoping for news on the wheels would arrive in time for our planned trip in June.

Now the good news:

As June approaches I got anxious without any word on the wheel delivery so I started thinking, which for me is dangerous.  when I made a car-fax search on line for another truck in our area that perhaps might better haul our camper, I was just thinking what if?  It just happened that I found a 2015 Ford F450 in Columbia, MO that was listed for a reasonable price and listed with reasonable mileage.  Last Saturday afternoon Jo and I drove to the dealership to look this truck over.  Before we left for home we had signed the papers to make the trade of our 2011 F350 for this newer truck.

This F450 is a much heavier version of the truck we had.  It is well equipped to handle the camper we currently have or another much larger one if we decide to trade campers.  It comes equipped with 19.5" wheels as standard equipment plus the original (one) owner had bought it totally equipped with all bells & whistle accessories that Ford offered.

I'll get some pictures posted soon.  We are so happy to think that our visit with Phyllis in June is back to being a reality.

No comments: