Wednesday, November 30, 2016

bummer

Headed out this morning to take the trailer up to Wisconsin for the swap.  A little past Springfield, IL I heard a loud POP and saw tire shreds flying from one of the trailer tires.  I called our emergency road service (a new service that I just signed up for yesterday) and it took a little over an hour for the help team of two men to arrive.  They mounted our spare so we are again on the road.  The big problem is that there is some damage around that area so I have filed a claim with our insurance company and alerted the Trailer Sales that we are headed toward so they know to prepare for a repair job before they can sell this unit.

We have had an emergency road service all the time we have been traveling but I let our previous provider lapse and just yesterday opened this new account with our insurance company.  Now fingers crossed that there will be no more tire problems between here and our destination tomorrow.

No comments: