Saturday, June 23, 2012

weekend on the lake

The weekend has arrived.  Our campsite is still nice but we do have lots of company.  Yesterday afternoon and on into the night folks filled up all available spots, some came in after my bedtime.

This morning I drove out to find a good cell phone signal because we had a voice mail message that made us wonder.  While we do have a minimal data signal apparently the voice signal isn't strong enough to use.  It turned out that the call wasn't any emergency but still needed to check it out.  I didn't have to drive very many miles so not a big problem.

On the way out I could see that there were probably more than a hundred pickup trucks with boat trailers parked in the parking lot and spilling out over the grassy areas.  The weekend fishermen are out and hopefully filling their stringers.  This looks like a great spot to spend some time in a boat wetting a line.  I have been away from fishing for so many years that all of my tackle is junk and if I wanted to try again I would need to make a trip to the tackle shop and that would involve much more stuff to find a place to store in the trailer.

No comments: