Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th

Another pleasant drive today south from Shreveport, LA to Baytown, TX.  Our campsite is backed up to the waters of Galveston Bay.  The hex of this day did jump up to cause us a bit of a change in our route.  That is the hex of the day combined with my lack of memory.  About midway Ms Navi wanted us to exit the route we were on with a left turn.  I was sure that she was making a mistake so I turned her off and kept driving the way I thought was the way we needed to go.  When we stopped at a Flying J truck stop for a parking place to have lunch I took a look at the map to find out that I should have listened to and needed to apologize to Ms Navi because she was right and we had gone much too close to Houston for a direct route to our campground.  When I put Ms Navi back on the job after my apology she then found the most direct route to our campground and we arrived still in early afternoon and no worse for wear.

Now we need to find some mischievousness to get into while we are here for a few days.

1 comment:

Storyteller said...

Did Ms Navi require you as punishment to sing for her? -- Galveston, oh, Galveston -- right along with Pat Boone? Glad that was the only 13th mishap!