Friday, November 18, 2011

ready for winter

With the nice warm weather that we have been having so far here in November I have had some good days for winterizing the trailer.  Last week I finished taking care of the plumbing by pumping pink, non-toxic, antifreeze through the whole system.  Earlier this week I cleaned the bugs off the front and then put two coats of wax over the front cap to help protect it from the rest of this winter.

I'm trying something new this year by putting a couple of "Damp-Rid" containers inside to help prevent mold that might result from excess humidity.  In the past I have used some pouches of moisture absorbent chemicals but always wondered, "where did the moisture go?"  With the "Damp-Rid" system the chemicals draw the humidity from the air and deposit liquid into the bottom of the container.  When the chemicals are all gone I can dump the collected liquid and refill the cans with new chemicals, we'll see.

1 comment:

Storyteller said...

I'll be ready for the next trip whenever you are!!